“She calmed me down and was so kind. She gave me some information and resources that I needed. I felt so much better after calling.”
COPES (Community Outreach Psychiatric Emergency Services) is a telephone crisis line and mobile crisis service that responds 24/7 to children and adults experiencing a severe emotional or behavioral disturbances or psychiatric emergencies.
CRISIS LINE –Talked to a trained mental health professional on the phone at 918.744.4800.
MOBILE CRISIS RESPONSE – We can also come to you. Our COPES mobile response team specializes in immediate crisis assessment, de-escalation and stabilization where the crisis is happening.
COPES is free, confidential and available 24/7 to anyone in Tulsa County. Services may be billed to Medicaid as appropriate.
HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST
Our CrisisCare Center is open 24/7 and primarily serves adults in Tulsa County. Call 918.744.4800 for help determining which crisis services can best meet your needs.
The CrisisCare Center provides critically-needed psychiatric beds and innovative crisis respite services that includes:
- Triage and Screening and Assessment unit (24/7)
- Crisis Urgent Recovery Center (Up to 24 hours)
- Crisis Stabilization Unit (3-5 days)
TRIAGE, SCREENING AND ASSESSMENT CENTER
A free resource offering immediate screening and assessment for individuals experiencing a psychiatric crisis.
CRISIS URGENT RECOVERY CENTER
This supporting and calming environment has continuous supervision, pharmaceutical oversight and support in a comfortable, therapeutic setting for individuals experiencing:
- Bizarre behavior due to a mental illness
- Unmanageable, moderate depression and/or overwhelming anxiety
- An initial stage of active manic mood
- Suicidal, homicidal or self-harm thoughts or threats
CRISIS STABILIZATION UNIT
Our 16-bed, non-hospital crisis stabilization unit – built to alleviate the shortage in our community of inpatient psychiatric beds for Medicaid beneficiaries – provides short-term structured care as an alternative to hospitalization. Our goal is to help patients stabilize and achieve significant improvement within three to five days while they receive a combination of these services:
- Continuous evaluation and treatment planning
- Medication evaluation and monitoring
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation
- Mobilization of family and natural support systems
- Linkage to community resources
- Group and individual therapy
- Therapeutic activities
- Nursing services
Our COPES team assesses the level of risk, provides crisis support by phone and when needed will go directly to the person in crisis.
COPES rapid response can save lives and keeps those in crisis safe and stable.