To make a referral
Oklahoma Healthy Transitions Initiative (OHTI)
Are you or someone you know struggling with adulting?
Transitioning into adulthood can be scary, overwhelming and complex. It’s even harder without someone there to help guide the way. For young adults exiting foster care, moving out of their parent’s homes, or generally just struggling with the pressures of early adult life, Family & Children’s Services (F&CS) can support your transition through the Oklahoma Healthy Transition Initiative (OHTI).
OHTI helps youth and young adults, ages 16-25, as they transition into adulthood. Our team of compassionate professionals provides transitional age youth with individually tailored services designed to overcome a wide range of issues including education, employment, mental health, housing and basic needs.
Those who participate in the program can also connect with peers who are dealing with similar issues. The goal is ultimately to improve the mental and physical health of youth and young adults so they can achieve their potential and lead full and productive lives.
We’ll work together to help you:
- Transition to a job, College, or Tech school
- Teach Resume building skills
- Help with housing resources
- Educate on how to effectively budget
- Assist with basic needs
- Linking to a GED
- Transitioning out of DHS or OJA custody
- Strengthen social skills and self-esteem
- Develop self-control and manage anger
- Restabilize following a psychiatric crisis
- Learn new ways to cope and manage anger
- Improve communications
- Improve family and peer relationships
- Get connected to on-going physical health services