Do you need help with your child?
SafeCare® Home-Based Parenting
Because of this program, I’m a better parent and have the foundation to continue building a strong relationship with my children.
– Previous client
WHAT IS THE SAFECARE® MODEL?
SafeCare® is an evidence-based skills training program for caregivers of children under the age of 5.
As a SafeCare® provider, F&CS focuses on three key outcomes that are universally important for families:
- Creating positive relationships between caregivers and their children,
- Ensuring homes are safe to reduce the risk of child unintentional injury,
- Keeping children as healthy as possible.
Our compassionate family preservation specialists provide home-based services to empower, assist, and nurture families experiencing various challenges and circumstances. We are the place to turn if your family struggles feel overwhelming or too difficult to handle alone.
Through the SafeCare® program, caregivers are equipped with tools, knowledge, and confidence to successfully face the complexities of parenting. Our team is committed to providing services that engage, involve, strengthen, and support your family in the most effective way to ensure children’s safety and well-being.
*At least 1 child must be between the ages of 0-5 for families to qualify for services.
WHAT WE DO
- Case management
- Transport clients when needed
- Utilize the SafeCare model
- Parent Child/Infant Interaction
- Home Safety
ADDITIONAL MODULES IF QUALIFIED
- Healthy relationships
- Managing child behavior
- Problem Solving
FIND SERVICES IN THESE COUNTIES
WHAT TO EXPECT
F&CS professionals provide weekly, module-based skills training in the family’s home (when possible). Sessions typically run 60 minutes. F&CS work with parents and caregivers until they meet a set of skill-based criteria established for each of the three modules (Health, Safety, Parent-Child/Infant Interaction).
F&CS services also have the added value of the following:
- INDIVIDUALIZED HELP: While respecting cultural diversity, our specialists use a family-focused, child-centered approach to teach families how to function at their best. We help you build on the knowledge, experience and existing strengths you have as a parent. Together we will set goals to create long-term, positive and permanent changes.
- FAMILY LIFE EDUCATION: Because positive parenting can make such a difference in the life of a family, we offer a variety of parenting and relationship enhancement classes to parents and couples throughout the year.
- MOBILE CRISIS SERVICES: For anyone in Tulsa County, F&CS’s COPES provides 24-hour rapid response, stabilization and intervention having thoughts of suicide, harming themselves, hurting others or having feelings of being out of control. Children, teens and adults in crisis are stabilized and linked to ongoing care. For help, call 918.744.4800.
Are you or do you know a family that could benefit from SafeCare? Please complete the referral form and you will be contacted with more information. Thank you.