Family & Children’s Services promotes, supports and strengthens the
Family & Children’s Services has an extraordinary heritage, spanning a century (1921-2021).
As the largest community mental health center in Oklahoma, we are committed to the highest levels of quality and accountability. We are local, state and national award winners. Our excellent reputation derives from a history of demonstrated outcomes and a commitment to providing best practice and evidence-based services to clients.
We extend our reach and optimize service capacity in the community. We ensure access to services through a network of nine convenient office locations in metro Tulsa and by co-locating services in schools and other community organizations.
In addition to daytime hours, we offer evening appointments at many locations. A strong board of directors governs the agency. Diversified funding, dynamic fundraising and social entrepreneurship activities provide the necessary resources to care for over 120,000 people in need each year.
- Diversity and Inclusion – We are committed to promoting a culturally competent staff and ensuring a diverse organizational culture which is inclusive and welcoming to all people.
- Excellence – We are committed to excellence. Staff strive to be their best and deliver the highest quality care to all we serve.
- Data-Driven – We collect, benchmark and analyze data to drive organizational decisions.
- Financial Stewardship – We accept the responsibility of the public trust and hold the highest standards of accountability and transparency.
- Integrity and Ethics – We adhere to the highest level of professional standards and code of ethics.
- Fun – We like to sprinkle the workday with some fun.
- Facility and Environment – We value attractive facilities and intentionally create a warm and welcoming therapeutic environment for clients and staff.
- Technology – We are committed to a high technology environment to enhance client services and organizational effectiveness.
- Stakeholders – We value the unique contributions of our various stakeholders who invest time, talent and financial resources to the agency.
- Dynamic Culture of Cooperation and Communication – We promote an organizational culture where cooperative teamwork and effective communication are paramount.
- Strategic and Forward Thinking – As agents of change, we value strategic, future-oriented thinking.
- Access to Services – We assure rapid access and availability to services and utilize branch locations and co-location with other entities to help underserved populations.
- Recovery-Oriented – We focus on recovery, resiliency and wellness while working with clients to define and achieve each individual’s best possible outcome.
- Customer Service – We promote a customer service philosophy of accessible, engaging affordable, convenient and quality services.
- Community Needs Responsiveness – We respond swiftly to changing demographics and emerging community needs.
- Partnerships – We promote strategic partnerships and collaborations to enhance service delivery.
- Evidence-Based Practices – We are early adopters of evidence-based practices to ensure the highest quality of care.
- Compassionate and Confidential – We treat clients with respect and dignity, and uphold privacy and confidentiality.
- Strength-Based – We build on family and individual personal strengths.
- Advocacy – We advocate for clients’ needs, mobilize formal and informal resources and engage in public policy activities.
- Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) – We are a results-oriented, continuous improvement organization focusing on quality of care.
- Professional Development – We ensure extensive staff development and training opportunities for professional staff and interns.