Family & Children’s Services promotes, supports and strengthens the
Family & Children’s Services has an extraordinary heritage, spanning a century (1921-2021).
As the largest community mental health center in Oklahoma, F&CS is a Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic, F&CS is committed to the highest levels of quality in care. We are local, state and national award winners. Our excellent reputation derives from a history of demonstrated outcomes and a commitment to providing best practice and evidence-based services to clients.
We extend our reach and optimize service capacity in the community. We ensure access to services through a network of seven convenient office locations in metro Tulsa and by co-locating services in schools and other community organizations.
In addition to daytime hours, we offer evening appointments at many locations. A strong board of directors governs the agency. Diversified funding, dynamic fundraising and social entrepreneurship activities provide the necessary resources to care for over 120,000 people in need each year.
- Being our best: We are committed to excellence across both operations and programs so staff strives to be their personal best.
- Communication: We value sharing important information to keep employees and stakeholders informed.
- Cooperation and Respect: We value behavior that promotes cooperation, dignity, mutual respect, kindness, trust and goodwill.
- Diversity Equity Inclusion: We are committed to a culturally competent and diverse organizational culture that is inclusive and welcoming to all clients, employees, and the community.
- Employee Experience: We value an engaging work environment where employees are supported and feel connected.
- Facilities and Environment: We value attractive facilities which create a warm and welcoming therapeutic environment for clients, a positive work environment for employees and a comfortable environment for visitors.
- Financial Stewardship: We accept the responsibility of the public trust and hold the highest standards of accountability and transparency.
- Integrity and Ethics: Our words and deeds are aligned. We are accountable to behave ethically guided by professional standards and code of ethics.
- Knowledge: We rely on data, evidence and continual learning to inform our care and drive organizational excellence.
- Laughter: We like to sprinkle the workday with some laughter.
- Spirit of Collaboration and Teamwork: We promote a culture of cooperative teamwork and collaboration, working toward common goals.
- Stakeholders: We value the unique contributions of our various stakeholders who invest time, talent, and financial resources to the agency.
- Strategic and Forward Thinking: As agents of change, we value strategic, future-oriented thinking.
- Technology: We are committed to leveraging technology to enhance client care and organizational effectiveness.
- Access to Services: We ensure rapid access and convenient availability to quality services through scheduled or walk-in appointments at numerous locations, telehealth, community-based, home-based, school-based, crisis care, and co-locating within numerous community organizations.
- Adaptability: We foster a forward-thinking, nimble environment, pivoting to stay on the cutting edge of clinical practice and organizational innovation.
- Advocacy: We advocate for clients’ needs, mobilize formal and informal resources, and engage in public policy activities.
- Client Experience: We foster a culture of welcomeness and engagement with compassion. We treat clients with respect and dignity, uphold their privacy and confidentiality and promote person-centered care and offer high-quality pathways to recovery.
- Clinical Excellence and Innovation: We strive for clinical excellence through evidence-based practices, strength-based, trauma-informed, recovery-oriented, least restrictive and whole-person care.
- Community Needs Responsiveness: We respond swiftly to changing demographics and emerging community needs.
- Compassion: We have a deep and abiding understanding of and respect for those we serve.
- Innovation: We are always evolving, continually incorporating evidence-based practices and new innovations to advance our services and improve the lives of those we serve.
- Meeting Needs. Saving Lives: We continually identify and explore new ways to meet the needs of our community, save lives, and expand our impact.
- Partnerships: We fulfill our mission most effectively when we collaborate with others and establish partnerships to achieve mutual goals.
- Performance and Quality Improvements (PQI): We are a results-oriented, continuous improvement organization focusing on the quality of care
- Professional Development: We invest in extensive staff development, supervision and training opportunities so professional staff excel in all disciplines.
- Professionalism: We conduct ourselves with responsibility, integrity, accountability, and excellence.