Tulsa area kids will be headed back to school very soon! Family & Children’s Services encourages parents to incorporate these five things into back to school planning:
- Begin to get kids to bed earlier now. This will get them onto a school schedule and decrease sleep deprivation at the beginning of the school year that can lead to behavior issues.
- If you have taken your child off any medications for the summer, talk with your doctor now about getting him back on those medications so they have time to kick in before school begins.
- If you have a child going to school for the first time or changing schools, talk with your school about doing a “dry run.” Show your child the inside of the school, his classroom, and introduce him to his teacher and principal. This will lessen first day anxiety.
- Talk with your child about expectations for the upcoming school year. Talk about bullying, social media and anything else you are concerned about. Encourage your child to talk about anything they feel is important.
- Remember to put yourself on a schedule as well as your kids. Get enough sleep, drink lots of water, exercise, and take a little time for yourself each day. We have to take care of ourselves before we can take care of others!
Want more parenting tips? Click HERE.
Friday, August 1 – Sunday, August 3
NO TAXES on clothes & shoes costing under $100
Also includes: diapers, swim suits, coats, underwear, belts, socks, gloves, hats, uniforms & more
6th Annual ‘Cuts for Kids’ Event
FREE Haircuts for school aged children Monday, August 4- Wednesday, August 6
9:30am – 10pm
*No appointment needed*
Clary Sage College
3131 S. Sheridan Road
Tulsa Transit: bus #215
For more information:
FREE School Supplies Assistance
Restore Hope Ministries
2960 Charles Page Blv
(West of Gilcrease Museum Rd)
Monday, August 4- Friday, August 8 and Monday, August 11- Thursday, August 14
9:30 – 11:30am
12:30 – 3:00pm
* Students must attend a Public School within Tulsa County
* Students enrolled in Pre-K – 12th Grades
* Proof of age for each child needing supplies –
Accepted: birth certificate, school enrollment documents, shot records,
CDIB card, DHS records, etc
* Social Security or ITIN cards for the household
* Families – photo ID
NOTE: The Food Pantry will be not be open during the
school supply distribution times