Thanks to your generosity, Family & Children’s Services annual Holiday Assistance program brought joy to so many in our community.
The Santa Shop was open for business in the basement of the Family & Children’s Services Central office, 650 South Peoria, for 10 days. 110 case managers and therapists visited the shop and 264 families were served. The majority of Santa Shop items were donated by numerous individuals and groups. When the Santa Shop closed shop, the remaining items were taken to the Early Childhood Program where we are proud to report another 31 families were served.
The fifth annual Bikes for Tykes program blessed 205 children with new bicycles and helmets this year. In addition to distributing the wheels, more than 200 new children’s coats collected by Asbury Methodist Church were handed out. The coats wrapped nearly 90 families in warmth this season.
A long-standing Family & Children’s Services tradition, Adopt-a-Family was once again a tremendous success. In all, 116 families were adopted by donors which included a combination of businesses, churches and individuals.
Thanks to an outpouring of support from generous donors additional Holiday Assistance included:
- A single generous donation allowed the purchase of 277 items, consisting of gloves, blankets, hats, fleece, socks and scarves, for clients in the Crisis Care Center.
- Yet another generous donation allowed Family & Children’s Services to purchase 75 $50.00 gift cards valued at $3,750.00). Gift cards were given to clients throughout the agency.
- 23 families assisted through donated Holiday Assistance funds. Case workers and volunteers had the pleasure of shopping for these families and providing exactly what was needed.
- 15 individuals also received gifts purchased by case managers with Holiday Assistance funds.
- Women in Recovery – 115 current participants in the WIR program received gifts. Additionally, 19 graduates and a total of 276 children of program participants received gifts.
Because you cared, Holiday Assistance reached more than 1600 individuals. We thank you and they thank you.
Program clients served through Holiday Assistance:
Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
The holidays may be over, but help is always need. Donate now and change a life.